Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Six Months Later...

Where on earth have the last 6 months gone?  Wow, seems as if I had the operation years ago, but it's only a matter of months.  I really have forgotten about my AKN as there is still no sign of bleeding, itching, flaking etc. and life continues without a care in the world.  I don't have to maintain it with special cleaning or care, I just live my life AKN-free woohoo!!!  I can, for the first time in over 20years rub my hand at the back of my neck.  This might not be a big deal to most people, but for those of us that suffered with AKN with know what I mean.  I even now allow my wife to do the same ;-) hehe.  My scar is wonderfully settled, but wide.  The width I am for now OK with as I am to have the second operation in September (Scar Revision) to close it further.  The date is now scheduled for Thursday 18th September 2014 so I will cover that 2nd operation in detail as I did for the first one.  I love the neatness of the scar and am elated at the prospect of a new, thinner line - I can live with that! :-)

Anyways, here are the 6 month photos:









Take care and talk again next month.

Patient-AKN-UK.



No comments:

Post a Comment