Sunday, 22 December 2013

Seven Weeks Later...

Discipline, Discipline, Discipline


Today I wanted to share the important topic of the required discipline with this process.  Mark Twain wrote "Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day”.  I like this can-do approach as it drives us to do the tough jobs first, everything else is easy. Often times we see a young guy / girl drive a fantastic car, but few also see the hours they put in at university, the sleep they didn't get, the parties they had to sacrifice, and the 2x jobs they did in the early stages of their career... But we see the nice car and some call them lucky!  Lucky, or did they control their own destiny?  Here's how I view luck:

L U C K = Labour Under Correct Knowledge

Just do the simple things properly everyday and the good things will come.  This is my personal philosophy and I continue to apply it to my healing.  It's a pain on some days, but we must dig deep to be consistent.  I can honestly say that I am almost immune to the daily ritual of wound-cleaning, dressings and bandages.  I seem to be on auto-pilot and just build an extra 20 minutes into each end of my day.  I do it first thing in the morning and as soon as I get home.  The reason for this approach is if I get caught up in the morning, at least my dressings are changed immediately after my shower so it's one less thing to worry about if I need to rush out the door for any reason.  Conversely, if I get home late and perhaps fall asleep on the settee (sofa / couch), then the last thing in the world I then want to do is get up and change my dressings.  This may seem obvious now, but believe me, these little daily disciplines keep you ahead of the game on those off days that we 'all' have.

Anyhoo, lesson over and here are the results of my committed approach after 7 weeks:

















The wound is looking good almost completely closed.  Dr. Umar and his team did their part, this part is down to me, those little daily disciplines are certainly paying off! :-)

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment